Monday, January 04, 2010

Paris Virgo Altar (English Version.)

PARIS VIRGO ALTAR

This work fits in with my search for and my use of images (photocopies of fashion magazines, comics, LP covers, bookcovers and so on). These processes are the key stone of my work « archive-collage » (Lima, Peru, 2007-2008 ; Paris, France, 2009).

For my latest works, the images I have collected come from the streets, the Métro (the Parisian underground), bookshops and libraries, and, most of all, are images with strong visual impact as far as I am concerned. I use chance, archive, research and accumulation of all these images to create a mural. It is the response to the urge and necessity to go on with my own artistic creation. This urgency offers me the opportunity to use an intimate space such as my room which also stands for my workshop. By this, I deal with the use of space, a physical apprehension, as I move face to my own work, face to the work of art.

The result is entitled « Paris Virgo altar », an altar of daily life, of intimacy, of personal affinities, an altar I have made in order to recreate my own room in Paris with all the accumulation of my personal belongings ; shoes, clothes, books, LP sleeves, comics, CDs, religious icons, etc. This is the reason why I have given the religious denomination of « altar » to this mural piece of image accumulation. It expresses a strong infuence of the environment. My personality, my own tastes are rendered by the images of photocopied fashion magazines, the LP sleeves and the oil paintings.

The photocopies of comics dealing with Paris gives me the opportunity to build up a framed context.

I use the artistic process to talk about a personal process. The urgency to create a work of art makes me a plastician who searches for materials and experiments different kinds of media such as the workshop and/or art gallery walls, by using different techniques such as oil painting and collage.
Thus, a certain heterogeneity emanates from my work by the way of canvas, photocopy, text and image.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home